Monday 2 May 2016

When Life Seems Meaningless

Lord you feel so far away, a million miles or more it feels today...
I Will Sing – Don Moen



Nothing quite compares to the grief of losing a loved one. It is always unfair and unkind. Death never asks us if it can take one from us. Instead you wake up one morning and your whole world is turned upside-down. What is the point of life if all our loved ones die before us?
I hate that no matter how beautiful, sweet and understanding you are death will still whisk you away from our arms. I hate that no one ever comes back to us once they are gone. I also hate that Good People Die Young!
Why? Why them? Why couldn't they just live to their sunset years? My heart is sad beyond words. As I write this I have lost two close friends in separate incidents. I keep wondering if heaven couldn't wait. I wish that they had some more time with us. To grow old, to have fun, to have kids. We should have met at dinner parties to see how many kids each of us got. To see how far along in life each of us had advanced!
It hurts that we will never have those moments now. They are gone and that is that. So what do we live for?

I wish R.I.P. meant Return If Possible…

No comments:

Post a Comment